The Benefits of Dental Implants
A dental implant replaces a natural tooth that is missing or severely decayed. Dental implants are the most natural-looking, -acting and -feeling tooth replacement option. They are considered the modern gold standard for tooth replacement. With proper care they can last your lifetime.
Implants have many benefits compared to other forms of tooth replacement:
- Implant-supported teeth look, act and feel like natural teeth. People don’t usually notice any difference between their natural teeth and their dental implants.
- Implants are the strongest and longest-lasting tooth replacement solution. With proper care, implants have been shown to last for over 40 years.
- Implants allow you to talk, chew and exert pressure, just like with natural teeth.
- Implants don’t require alteration of adjacent, healthy teeth as traditional dental bridges do.
- Implants have a high success rate, especially when placed using cutting-edge 3D technology like Dr. Primm uses.
- Dr. Primm uses custom abutments instead of stock abutments as a standard of care for his implant patients (see right). Custom abutments provide better results aesthetically and functionally because they are tailor-made for your mouth.
- Implants preserve bone in the jaw, preventing the unattractive facial sagging and loss of structure that occur over time with dentures (see below).